Take Care of Your Teeth and Gums
Tips for a healthy, beautiful smile.
Brush your teeth.
Brush your teeth 2 times every day. Use a toothbrush with soft bristles and toothpaste with fluoride. Fluoride is a mineral that helps protect teeth from decay.
- Brush in circles and use short, back-and-forth strokes.
- Take time to brush gently along the gum line.
- Brush your teeth for about 2 minutes each time.
- Don’t forget to brush your tongue.
- Get a new toothbrush every 3 to 4 months. Replace your toothbrush sooner if it’s wearing out.
How to brush your teeth
- Aim the toothbrush at a 45-degree angle towards the gum line.
- Use a pea-sized amount of
- Use a gentle circular motion.
- Repeat on the inside surfaces.
- Use a light back and forth motion on the chewing surfaces.
- Spit out the toothpaste after brushing.
Brushing your teeth three times a day, or after each meal, likely won’t damage your teeth. … While it might feel like you’re deep-cleaning your teeth by brushing forcefully, it can actually wear down your tooth enamel and irritate your gums.